Tredyffrin Easttown Historical Society
History Quarterly Digital Archives

Source: July 1996 Volume 34 Number 3, Page 84


Page 84

James Neilley came to America from County Antrim in the north of Ireland in 1768 and a few years later occupied the log house on Old State road in north Berwyn which still bears his name. The story of the Neilley family and log cabin presented at our April meeting by Alan Kohn, present resident of the house, is the first feature in this issue.

Dr. Chris Hummer's slide presentation on the American Indians of the Delaware Valley was the program at our March meeting. Dr. Hummer has participated in numerous archaeological excavations at native American sites up and down the Delaware Valley. He has kindly given us permission to include his remarks as our next feature here.

At our February meeting club members viewed a video tape of Berwyn's 75th anniversary celebration filmed by the late Ted Lamborn Jr. In our final article Herb Fry reviews how the village evolved over the years and eventually came to be named Berwyn, while Mary Lamborn helps us appreciate the parades and other events of those festive four days of 1952 which were termed "a 100% success" by interested spectators.


Page last updated: 2009-05-12 at 10:09 EST
Copyright © 2006-2009 Tredyffrin Easttown Historical Society. All rights reserved.
Permission is given to make copies for personal use only.
All other uses require written permission of the Tredyffrin Easttown Historical Society.