Then and Now


1910 Photo courtesy of TEHS

Photographed by Roger D. Thorne, July 2006

The houses on the north side of Howellville Road, east of its intersection with Bear Hill Road (Route 252) have not changed very much in almost a century since Lucy Sampson took the photograph above in 1910. Homes built mostly of wood are now stucco. Roof structures and chimneys have changed little. Poles are still seen along the south side of the road, and mailboxes still line the north side. But Howellville Road today is well traveled. Children can no longer play there, dogs can no longer loll there, and horse-drawn buckboards can no longer be parked in front of the house.


Page last updated: 2007-03-21 at 16:15 EDT
Copyright © 2006-2007 Tredyffrin Easttown Historical Society. All rights reserved.
Permission is given to make copies for personal use only.
All other uses require written permission of the Tredyffrin Easttown Historical Society.